Retrieving App Store Purchase

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 iMac 20", 2013 iMac 24". 2007 Mini
Had OS X Mountain Lion in my purchases folder at the app store up until yesterday when I accidentally deleted it. Been going round and round with Apple this morning... is there any hope of retrieving the OS?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I presume that you hid the purchase from the list since you can't delete them. Anyway, click on Store->View my Account, enter your password..

After your ID Summary, you should have a Hidden Items section, click on Manage and Mountain Lion should be listed there and you can unhide it..

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Did you call Apple Customer service and explain what happened? Mountain Lion was not a free upgrade so you may have to provide your receipt from the App store.

Edit: Never mind, Ashwin is smarter than I am. ;)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you both...

Was trying to figure out how to do as suggested, and wondering why Apple couldn't have told me that!!

Got it back. Thanks again!!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Did you call Apple Customer service and explain what happened? Mountain Lion was not a free upgrade so you may have to provide your receipt from the App store.

Edit: Never mind, Ashwin is smarter than I am. ;)

Ashwin?!!

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Was trying to figure out how to do as suggested, and wondering why Apple couldn't have told me that!!

Got it back. Thanks again!!

I've never had a satisfactory experience with customer support of any technical company. It's especially frustrating when you are technical yourself since the first round of support you get are usually not technical and generally following a script to diagnose/fix well documented and common programs.

It's when you get to the 2nd or 3rd level of customer support folks that you get people who know their stuff down cold..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.