mavericks os x 10.9.5

Reaction score
hi, can someone please advise me on this matter, I have just switched to imac with mavericks OS X 10.9.5 with CS5 installed but having trouble printing out acetate from my dinosaur epson 1290 printer I cant seem to install the printing preferences that I had installed on my PC with windows XP which gave me much more options to print solid black at 1400 dpi, a friend has suggested running windows 7 on the mac, if I did this would I be able to edit images in mac CS5 then print out in windows to get my correct dpi and solid black for my acetates.

many thanks

dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the frums.

Unplug USB from printer, go into System Preferences > Printers & Scanners > Print and see if the Epson appears there. If so, hit the little (-) button to remove it. Connect USB and power printer up and see if it appears in the frame. If not, hit the (+) button and see if you get it. Keep us posted?

OP
T
Reaction score
hi everyone i am sorry for the late reply, i’m not very good at these sort of things i am good at being a silk screen printer thou! anyway thanks for your suggestions in the end i put photoshop in 32 bit mode and used photoshop colour management which works great 1600 dpi solid black films the only nag is i have to save everything to pdfs to print so 6 colour or more jobs in illustrator is tedious but gets there in the end.

i would like to ask one more question, if anyone knows, how can i convert an image in photoshop to a vector file for illustrator so i can add bleed/stroke to it.

many thanks

dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.