Quick look image size

Reaction score
View attachment 21137 I used to be able to preview my images with quicklook before deleting them or for example opening them in photoshop by hitting spacebar. However now, the quicklook window that opens displays the image too small for me to be able to use quicklook in this way. Is there any way to fix this?

edit: Sometimes it does show images in full size like here: "preview full size.png"

Weird thing is that it sometimes works for .psd files and sometimes ti doesn't, so filetypes do not seem to be the problem.

quicklook screenshot.png

preview full size.png

Last edited:
C

chas_m

Probably a case of the "Screen shot" file not having any or an incorrect extension, thus the system doesn't quite know what to make of it.

OP
N
Reaction score
Probably a case of the "Screen shot" file not having any or an incorrect extension, thus the system doesn't quite know what to make of it.

Thanks for your response chas_m. That made good sense to me, so I went ahead and tried to rename a .png file to make sure it recognizes it as a png. Still the same issue though. I have attached a screenshot to show you.

png.png

C

chas_m

I'm not getting that here. The only time I can reproduce this issue is if I try to preview an unsupported file type, like an .MKV movie file.

Are you sure those files are, in fact, PNGs?

OP
N
Reaction score
I'm not getting that here. The only time I can reproduce this issue is if I try to preview an unsupported file type, like an .MKV movie file.

Are you sure those files are, in fact, PNGs?

Thanks again for getting back to me so swiftly. It seems like we will have to put a lid on this one for now then, because they are indeed png's, that I can open with preview or for example photoshop. An utterly intriguing and frustrating mistery it is (for now). Will keep you posted if I figure this one out.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Just for kicks and grins try something and let us know the results. Take one of the files that is giving you a problem in QuickLook. Open the same file and re-save it. Now try the file in QuickLook to see if it works.

If not rename the file to something simple and try again.

No reason to think it is going to work but can't hurt to try.

OP
N
Reaction score
Just for kicks and grins try something and let us know the results. Take one of the files that is giving you a problem in QuickLook. Open the same file and re-save it. Now try the file in QuickLook to see if it works.

If not rename the file to something simple and try again.

No reason to think it is going to work but can't hurt to try.

Thanks Slydude. Did that, and retried it on both a .png file and a .psd file without luck. Still stuck here, and not sure what more information I can give you but feel free to ask if you have the time and patience. O:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.