Pages documents continuously "Update" and can never be opened in IOS 8

Reaction score
Sorry, just realized I posted this first in the wrong area, so forgive the cross-post.

My problem is that, despite my being up-to-date with Yosemite (Mac) and IOS 8 (iPod Touch/iPhone), and having put the new iWork on everything, I can't open Pages documents in IOS 8 that I have edited on the Mac. I can see them listed, but there's no response when I try to open them. Sometimes I see "Updating," other times I don't, but in neither case will a document I tap on open up in IOS 8.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Do you have your iCloud drive activated on your Mac, iPod Touch, and iPhone? And are the iWork apps loaded on all three devices? And finally, are you signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all devices?

OP
D
Reaction score
Yes to all

Do you have your iCloud drive activated on your Mac, iPod Touch, and iPhone? And are the iWork apps loaded on all three devices? And finally, are you signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all devices?

Yes, I have the current version of iWork on everything, I'm logged in with the same account, and I do indeed *see* the documents on, for example, the iPod Touch. It just keeps saying "Updating" and never finishes. There's a little line across the bottom of each document icon that looks like a progress bar, though it's so small it's hard to be sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 13.3
I'm having the same problems. However the pages documents do eventually sync ... sometimes takes over half an hour or more. Very sketchy ... sometimes they update even as I am typing, sometimes they don't appear on other device for hours. Weird.
I'm really disappointed with iCloud drive so far ... wish there was a way to go back to simple iCloud. All my documents synced quickly and reliably between MacBook Pro and iPad and iPhone.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Give it time guys. The iCloud drive is working albeit slowly. Hopefully with today's update to iOS 8 (8.1) that will speed things up somewhat.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.