possible spyware

Reaction score
What makes you think that? Be specific.

OP
R
Reaction score
I received an e-mail from what i thought was amazon that said
Dear Valued Customer :

During our usual security enhancement protocol, we observed multiple login attempts error while login in to your online profile. We have believed that someone other than you is trying to access your account. For security reasons, we have temporarily suspended your account and your access to online profile and will be restricted if you fail to update.

To proceed verifying your account information, please click on the link below then follow the instructions that will be required.

To restore your account please, Sign in to your online account . i clicked on the link and it put me on the sign in page filed out e-mail and password, hit next filled out name and shipping address. all looked normal and hit nest and it asked me for credit card info. realized something was wrong.. My boss said I coule have pay ware and even though i changed my password there might ba a major problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Just ignore it. Thousands of these circulate allegedly coming from banks, credit unions, PayPal and even Apple itself.

Oops sorry too late that advice. As you have taken the bait suggest you change all your passwords immediately. User account, network access, banking, email, credit cards, PayPal etc. Organised crime just l-o-o-o-v-e this way of scamming folk.

C

chas_m

NEVER EVER click on a link in an unsolicited email. Just hovering on the link would likely have informed you that it wasn't really from Amazon. Or copy the link and put it in your browser and see if it takes you to Amazon (hint: no).

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I generally delete this kind of e-mail as a matter of course. When you get this kind of message type the main part of the appropriate url in yourself, say amazon,com, for example. From there you should be able to find links on their site to check and determine whether account info needs to be changed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.