Macbook pro boot loop

Reaction score
So I have a macbook pro updated with mavericks. Today for some reason, it entered in this boot loop and I can't get it off. I've tried safe mode, however as soon as the loading bar appears, it shutdowns and bootloop starts all over again. Tried enter into "Command+S", but same thing, doesnt give me enough time to type and shutsdown. I tried turn on using option, and selecting the recovery option, however boot loop again. I made a bootable usb with mavericks, but when I try to open the disk utilities it shows me nothing, just the apple logo and the loading wheel. What else can I do ?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Constant rebooting can be attributed to bad hardware: bad memory or power supply. Have you added memory to your MacBook Pro? This could also be a problem with a failing hard drive. How about giving us some specs on your MacBook Pro?

Year and Model?

OP
Reaction score
I changed nothing (unless the osx), I don't know if actually works, but I've done that "Apple hardware test", holding "D" I guess, and showed no hardware issue.

The model is No.:A1278 and it is mid 2012. 500GB of HD, 4GBs of RAM and i5.

Additional information: It's charging normally and I thought the constant rebootings had some to do with the battery, however, when I started up holding "option" the two harddrives screen stayed as long as I want, not shutting down.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.