iphone as usb cam?

OP
D
Reaction score
I'd guess, that this is not possible, as some 200 + views and no answer of yet.
I would have thought that this would be a relatively simple question, being, using APPLE products, but alas, it would seem NOT-SO.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Can you clarify what you mean by use it at a USB camera? Are you trying to use it kinda like a built in webcam?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I would have thought that this would be a relatively simple question...

If it was a "simple question"…then you would have already known the answer…wouldn't you??. Or the answer would be very easy to find via a Google search…right??

No it's not a "simple question"…and doesn't have an easy answer! I think that many people reading your question would like to think that it was possible to us an iPhone as a webcam (so they didn't want to immediately say no). But the bottom line is…does an iPhone have a video out port…no it doesn't. And a video out port is probably needed.

Maybe this question falls into the same category as asking…"Can I ride my bicycle to the moon?";)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.