• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Just an observation

Reaction score
Boy this place sure gets to jumping when Apple throws a new one out there doesn't it?
People you've never heard of/haven't seen in a coons age posting with questions or complaints.
Keeps the place alive.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Like my kids...when all is good they are off doing their own thing but when a problem arrises....they phone home for help from mom and dad. :Cool:

Lisa

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Like my kids...when all is good they are off doing their own thing but when a problem arrises....they phone home for help from mom and dad. :Cool:

Lisa

If that help is financial in nature I'd like to put in a request for adoption. :Mischievous:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'd like to add my name to that list as well. You know, I would love free mone...support.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If that help is financial in nature I'd like to put in a request for adoption. :Mischievous:

Having watched and listened in on a couple of your Sunday chats I would have to say you are past the age of adopting. Sorry. Besides, my kids are all grown and make more than my husband and me because of all that expensive college we paid for.

We just get the "how to I fix this" stuff. My husband is an electrician and farmer. I was a vocational and computer teacher - welding, woodworking, motors, computers etc. If it's broke and we can't fix it - time to replace it.

Lisa

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I am indeed past the "normal" age of adoption but my impending fossilhood shouldn't be an impediment. I'd be willing to bend the rules a bit if you don't mind.:Cool:

BTW Just as a matter of looking out for your best interests, I've heard that the Canadian guy in line behind me might have a "questionable" history.:Lips-Are-Sealed:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Slydude - I am afraid you will have to suffer rejection. :*

Vansmith - Same for you. Besides rate exchange for mon...ummm... support is in your favor currently. ;)

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.