Can you play videos from ipod to your TV?

Reaction score
I have a 30 GB Video iPod and have the cable that goes from my headphone jack on the ipod to any video in source (the 3 colors red yellow and white. When i connect the ipod to my tv all i can recieve is the audio from the videos and cannot see the video.
I was just wondering if your were able to see the movies on the TV playing them through your ipod

thanks for any help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook G4 12 inch running mac os 10.4 with: 60 gb HD+256 mb ram+Radeon 9200
You should be able to.
Yellow=Video
Red=Right Speaker Audio
White=Left Speaker Audio

D

DigitalN.

obviously he realizes the color coding, maybe you didn't read the post.

as to having it not working, are you sure everything is plugged in fullway?

Reaction score
Do you have the official Apple cable? If not then you need to play around with the coloured plugs into the tv. Apple messed around with the colourings so they don't match up with the input on the tv so red>red, yellow>yellow, white>white doesn't work. Give it a google and there should be an explanation of which ones plug into which holes.

If you have apple cable then i can't help, sorry

OP
nepgunes
Reaction score
yes I have the official Apple cable, and i messed around with the colors but the red one was for the audio in the right channel, the white was for the audio in the left channel and the yellow didnt show any video when plugged into any of the colors, and yes everything is plugged in all the way... im going to keep searching and hopefully find out some answers

OP
nepgunes
Reaction score
OK i just figured it out.. real simple actually, all i had to do was go into the video settings on the ipod and turn video out to ON. thanks for trying to help.. appreciated

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.