iCloud 'issues'

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2013 iMac, 3.5GHz Quad i7, 24GB RAM, GTX 780m, 10.8.5, iPhone6
Hey guys! hope everyones enjoying the new OS X

Anyways, I'm having a few issues with iCloud, I've never bothered to use it before but have decided to use more of the features available now i have an iPhone, Macbook pro and iMac.
i have my contacts now all stored on iCloud when i delete or add a contact from my iPhone it syncs with my macbook, and if i do the same with my macbook my iPhone syncs yet my iMac refuses to do so, it seems to have more options on the contacts app on the iMac, it shows contacts stored on the mac as well as the cloud, how can i stop this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have your iCloud options setup correctly on your iMac. Contacts from your contacts app should sync the same to all your devices provided the iCloud options are set the same. I use the contacts app on my iMac as the master and then sync it to my iPhone and iPad using iCloud. Works on all three devices.

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
Sometimes I find things get out of sync between my devices. The usual suspect is synchronised bookmarks, but the same might happen to your contacts?

I would turn off Contacts under your iCloud settings on your iMac, the delete all your contacts on that machine. Next, turn Contacts back on in iCloud and it will pull all your contacts back from the server.

Certainly that is what I do to get my bookmarks sync'ed again.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Another thing I forgot to mention in my first reply to you.... make sure you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID and password on your iMac as you are on your iPhone and MacBook Pro.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.