Where is the Yosemite installer?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, great support from Bombich as usual. Thanks Jake, you had me worried there for a bit about the new version of CCC. Looks like everything is working as it should.

Reaction score
not trying to complain but thought i'd throw in my .02

been with Macs a long time. my first mac was the first mac issued and had many since then. i started using macs because they were NOT PC's that needed a ton of keyboard strokes to do anything. not too happy when they morphed into unix machines with a Mac cover with a new and "improved" OS every other year:)

but in the last ten yrs or so i've always waited awhile before upgrading new OS's ... or upgrading anything

forums like this is what made it seem like a sound tactic

in the last couple years i decided to get a little more mac savvy and got back on a few forums, and that doesn't seem to be the case anymore

fighting with crashes and all the various forms of kernel panicking just seems like a waste of my time
....especially when the "new and improved" OS seems mostly like a new skin cover lacking in any major upgraded working capability

back to lurk mode :)
..... but since i'm about to order a new MBP from FastMacs on ebay i'm sure i'll be posting a lot of Q's. they seem to be a reliable outfit with credibility. hoping my new book will last me a few years without needing a major hardware/software upgrade

Reaction score
hdrsmit, I'm going to be getting a new laptop before too long. Do those sellers on ebay have something special about them besides the good feedback? Just curious. No need to answer, if you prefer.

I bought our daughter a MB from Amazon a few years ago for one of the "big" bdays. This was before CA tax. They offer no interest financing. I could have just paid for it, but I'm a big believer in using other people's money when possible. Legally, duh. If anyone has an Amazon store card, which is very easy to get unless your credit is in the dumpster, the details are at Amazon.com: Finance Your Purchases.

I ordered new iPhones for us the other day from Verizon since they had a $200 trade-in for our 4s.The offer expired 10/15. They still offer a trade in deal, but it's much less. Our contract ended just at the right time!

I'm a huge believer in AppleCare. It's not the cheapest, but the customer service is the best, imo. AppleCare has gotten me out of jams more times than I can count.

Good luck with your purchase - enjoy! Apologies for the ramble and getting so OT! :Blushing:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In sig
Thanks for the good news. I just updated to 10.9.5. I guess I could update Yosemite on another partition as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBA i7, 8GB RAM, 512 GB SSD, High Sierra; iPad 3rd Gen, 32 GB, iOS 9; iPhone 5E, 64 GB, iOS 11
Doesn't it depend?

Can't understand why anyone other than a complete geek would want to be an early adopter given the problems associated with previous releases!
I guess that depends. So far from Panther to Yosemite, the only issue was that from Panther-->Tiger, my pizza had burnt in the oven. I set the temperature too high. Cleaning up and ordering delivery pizza meant Tiger upgrade came to a halt, since the kids were waiting for lunch. Took a bit longer than expected. Learned: have lunch first.

Except for Tiger, every major upgrade has a period of several days where everything is slow. Spotlight is rebuilding its database. Although I've had to reload some apps, like the iWork apps that requires Yosemite and shows incompatible with Mavericks. I've also had to upgrade Parallels so that my Windows 8.1 works and Solaris works. But other having to get new versions of apps and the burnt pizza, I've never had an issue. All the MS Office apps work fine, no browser issues, no bespoke apps issues (didn't even have to recompile).

I do, however, agree with @jennymac that the red iTunes icon is hideous. Yet this is not a Yosemite issue, it is iTunes 12.0.1. It's red in Winodws as well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2011; 2.3 ghz; 960 SSD; 17"; 16gigs RAM; OS: YOSEMITE 10.10; Iphone 6 128gig
Didn't back up, oh well.

I do have the normal auto back ups to the time machine and to a external hard drive.

But, it's working fine. I do have a problem, on my up date App Store page. There are about five updates to load, but when i try they say not available for this account. why dod the put them there? I can no longer update all i have to do them one at a time or the update crashes. BUMMER

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", MacbookPro 17", Sierra on iMac, iPad Pro, cell, iPhone 6
By now I, and probably everybody, have realized that the demand for Yosemite is so great that the Apple site has everything it can do to accept the load. My present download operation for Yosemite promised 2 days and some hours for completion, although now, in the evening hour, it's dire predictions seem to have moderated. Message: don't be surprise if you encounter difficulties getting Yosemite in this moment, but, in my opinion (based on a successful download with my portable, it is well worth getting!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2011; 2.3 ghz; 960 SSD; 17"; 16gigs RAM; OS: YOSEMITE 10.10; Iphone 6 128gig
Ive downloaded Yosemity twice now. Both downloads were for MacBook Pro's, a 17inch and a 15 inch.

Both went fine and were completed in a reasonable time. Both slowed to a crawl for a while after the download. There was a warning the the configeration would take awhile.

Both my computer and my wife's computer is now running well.
I have not worked much with it yet, but it looks looks good.

Oh, there werre pupups that appeard to be a part of the down load, but I'm pretty sure they were not.
It looks like somehow the addition was attached to the download, but must have been on my computer.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
None Nipomo. You did download from the App Store using your Apple ID? There was no addition. Download took about 20 minutes, installing about twenty and reboot and finish install another fifteen or so.

And there were no popups of any description nor should there be to disrupt the download.

M

MacInWin

Curious problem. I went to turn off the MBP (for the first time since installing Yosemite) and it would not power off. I waited 10 minutes (by the clock on the wall) and then forced it off with the power button. On restart, I looked at the console log and had 100's of items saying
mdworker: code validation failed in the process of getting signing information: Error Domain=NS0SStatusErrorDomain Code = -67062 "The operation couldn't be completed. (OSStatus Error -67062)
An internet search turned up the same message at a DropBox forum but there was no solution because the poster was using the Beta. I have updated DropBox to the latest version, 12.11.12, but no change. I noted that I have 8 copies of mdworker running in Activity Monitor, but only one is invoked by "_spotlight" and the rest are me as User.

There are crash reports for a process called "garçon" in the Dropbox.app, so I think it's definitely DropBox.

Anybody got any ideas? For now, I choose Shutdown, then wait 5 minutes to make sure all disk activity is done and force it down with the power button. Not good, but it seems to be the only way to power off.

I guess I'll uninstall DropBox and see what they come up with for a fix, unless someone has an idea of something to try.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
Ah,Yosemite beta 6 was released 3 days ago and the production version yesterday???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27", MacbookPro 17", Sierra on iMac, iPad Pro, cell, iPhone 6
The Yosemite installation was a difficult birth. iMac (late 2007) worked an entire day to download and, when installation time came, it say "file damaged, cancel download and start over". I didn't know how or where to cancel the download and when I went to App Store they said "already downloaded". Finally, through my insistence they restarted the process (I just let the computer work during the night) and victory was had. Yosemite is worth the patience!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.