• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any one else having this problem??????

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
Just a couple days ago I reformatted my Mac which had Panther to Tiger. After installing Panthen everything thing seems to be just clicking perfectly. All except for my internet connection. When I was running Panther my internet speed was fast but now with Tiger I have noticed some lag time. Am I the only one having this issue??? If I am can anybody please tell me how to solve it???

Thank you guys. You have all been very helpful...... :eek:neye: :black:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
Have you ran all the update for it yet?

Also some details about your connection would be helpful

OP
New2Macs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Power Mac G4 Sonnet 1.0 512 Ram 10.3.6
inflexion said:
Have you ran all the update for it yet?

Also some details about your connection would be helpful

I am doing that right as we speak. Do you think that this will make a difference??

Thanks for the quick response Inflexion.....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
well tiger takes up a little more cpu, if u have a really fast connection u might notice a difference

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.