iPad 2 continuously asking for password

Reaction score
A few months ago, my sister misplaced my dead iPad 2 16GB and has since found it. I brought it from home back to college with me, charged it up, and am encountering difficulties. The "Log in to AppleID or iCloud/iMessage/FaceTime" prompt keeps popping up and, upon rejecting the correct password, either prompts the "incorrect password, please reset" box or simply asks again.

Whenever I give in and try to reset my Apple ID password, I'm taken to Safari, where I'm required to log in to the campus wifi. However, I can't even log on to wifi because the password prompt reappears so relentlessly that I can't even type.

I've tried resetting my password on other devices. I've tried doing a hard reset. Nothing has worked and I don't know what to do. It's nearly impossible to do anything on the screen, given that the password box pops up so frequently that I can't even close out apps that were open from before it was misplaced before another box pops up (and that I can't get on the internet on the device).

The iPad has not been updated to iOS 8, therefore it is currently at the most recent version of iOS 7.

Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated!!

Reaction score
iOS 7 has password protection on it you have to have your iCloud/itunes information or the device will basically just lock up or keep asking for the password.

your best bet connect it to a computer and sync it to iTunes and do a factory restore from iTunes but you will still need your iTunes account information and the iCloud information for the device or you cannot use it due to iOS 7's most annoying security features

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.