Volume Icon keeps popping up!

Reaction score
The ipad volume icon pops up constantly without the volume button being touched. I have tried putting my ipad on the table without any cover, and the volume icon still randomly appears. I have scoured the forums for answers but none of them work for me. I have tried re-starting, and re-booting. Doesn't work. I have also tried going to the Sound function which says "change with buttons" and I have tried putting it on and off, and also re-booting after each action. Nothing works. I have tried contacting Apple support but there is no response.
I am now unable to use my ipad because the volume icon pops up right in the centre of the screen and makes it impossible to use it. Please help!

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I guess I will have to do that as a last resort. I was kind of hoping there is some other way without wiping. I have so much information on the ipad, and also a scores of apps. Its going to take ages to get it back to normal again.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If you back it up properly before wiping it, it should come back exactly as it was, with no need for further manipulation. Granted, it will take a while via USB, but it should come back as it was without any manual manipulation.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.