iPad Syncing

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro (2013), 3.7 GHz Quad-Core, 12GB Memory
Since downloading iOS 8.0.2, when syncing with my Mac, the iPad hangs at end with "Waiting for changes to be applied."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Since downloading iOS 8.0.2, when syncing with my Mac, the iPad hangs at end with "Waiting for changes to be applied."

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) Please provide some more information: 1) What model iPad do you own; 2) How did you upgrade (i.e. OTA or cabled to your Mac via iTunes); 3) Did you first backup your iPad; and 4) Did your upgrade go as expected or did you have problems?

For starters, have you done an iPad 'Reset' (i.e. hold down the On-Off & Home buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, then release and wait for the device to re-boot) - if not give the maneuver a try and try to sync again - Dave

* OTA = Over the Air (via Wi-Fi)

OP
TheFlyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your reply.

1) It is an iPad 4th Generation; 2) I upgraded cabled via iTunes; 3) I backed up; and 4) I had no problems with the upgrade. I did a reset and tried again with the same results.

Any more thoughts?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Just curious how long it hangs. Mine did that for a good long while when I updated because it had about 30 or 40GB of stuff on it (64GB storage). It just took a long time that first time after updating to iOS8, so maybe you can try waiting a little longer?

OP
TheFlyman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, I followed your suggestion and let the connection run. It took almost a full hour for the sync to complete (never taken more than a few seconds before) but it seems all is now well.

Thanks for your help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.