iPhone 6 with someone else contact

Reaction score
So I got my wife the iPhone 6 the other day. But now she has my contacts. The iCloud is setup under her name and my iPhone 5 is under my sign in. We can't seem to find out how to separate the contacts without having her sign out of her iCloud. Please help.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
So I got my wife the iPhone 6 the other day. But now she has my contacts. The iCloud is setup under her name and my iPhone 5 is under my sign in. We can't seem to find out how to separate the contacts without having her sign out of her iCloud. Please help.

OK a couple more details please. Do you have separate Apple ID's? Does you wife have her own iTunes account? Are you syncing and if so on different computers or just yours?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If you're both using the same computer, make sure that you're not set to sync contacts if you're both using iCloud. In iTunes, go to your phone > Info. Make sure that contacts aren't syncing over if the contacts on the computer are.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.