iBook AV Cable = iPod AV Cable???

C

chrisb2999

Can i use a iPod AV cable that is supposed to work with 4g and 5g ipods on the ibooks with an a/v port?

OP
U

UncSki1218

i'm not sure but i'll help is much as i can. basically the ipod av cable is just a standard miniplug to rca (red, yellow, white) cable. so if you have a camcorder that came with one of those....just use that. but to make people think that it wouldnt work apple made the ipod's video come out of the red not the yellow plug. so just put red in the video hole and put the yellow in an audio port. as far as i know the ibook doesnt have a miniplug av port. i think it has mini dv or vga.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
UncSki1218 said:
i'm not sure but i'll help is much as i can. basically the ipod av cable is just a standard miniplug to rca (red, yellow, white) cable. so if you have a camcorder that came with one of those....just use that. but to make people think that it wouldnt work apple made the ipod's video come out of the red not the yellow plug. so just put red in the video hole and put the yellow in an audio port. as far as i know the ibook doesnt have a miniplug av port. i think it has mini dv or vga.

That was very sneaky of them to make the video come out of the red. I am assuming if you buy one from them that it is not this case and the coloring is actually different where the video is coming out of the yellow?

OP
T

tobigshoes

chrisb2999 said:
I have an older ibook with just a CD-rom drive... although it says that all ibooks are compatible with the AV I don't believe mine is... unless I'm doing it wrong. Are you just supposed to plug it into the tv and it should be good or what???

Oh and the video ipods are compatible with the ibook av cable... but as someone stated earlier you don't need to buy one... just buy a camcorder rca cable and plug the red output in the yellow input...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.