Don't allow app to update?

Reaction score
I use an App at a certain release, but I know that later updates actually make the app worse for me, so I don't want that app updated. Only that app. All others could be updated.
Anyone know if it's possible?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Simple ..... Don't update that app.

Or am I missing something ?

Cheers ... McBie

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Go to the ~/Music/iTunes/Mobile Applications folder and find the ipa file that matches the app and version you want. Now copy that to a safe place.

Next, turn off the automatic update on your iOS device. Now in iTunes, every time the app updates, you'll have to copy back the old ipa file before sync'ing your iOS device. Unfortunately, there isn't a way of leaving a particular application at one version while updating the others automatically, you have to set everything to manual and do it all by hand..

OP
N
Reaction score
Thanks Raz0rEdge.

McBie - You may be missing something I think a lot of people do, and that is, when they see updates are available, they simply select "update all". I certainly did. And then I noticed one of my 'most used' apps decided they were changing their business model, whereby, what they once provided as part of the original purchase price, they now want a subscription for. I was not happy. So managed to revert to the previous release.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.