App Dev. Advise

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3
Hey guys,

I have a specification & mockups for an iOS app I want to develop (my 1st). It is a dating app similar to Tinder, Happn & Blendr, with a twist.

I need to find a developer to finish refining the algorithm/dev plan with me, and then work with me to develop the app.
I am posting the job on work platforms like oDesk/Elance. What skills do I need to specify in the job post to find appropriate developers?

many thanks,
Josh

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Shoot a PM <personal message> to Administrator vansmith.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
If you are interested to getting an iOS app developed, then having XCode/Cocoa Touch is to be expected. You might want to ask if the developers have other apps that are already in the App Store that they can point you to or something else to show that they've created apps all the way through..

If you want to eventually go cross-platform to Android/WIndows/whatever else you might want to ask about their experience with the other platforms and cross-platform toolsets that make that transition easier. It's good for you to figure out if this is in the cards for you since the native languages for these OS' all differ and you'll likely want to go the cross-platform route from the get go as opposed to having to port an existing app to a new platform..

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP Late 2014, 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Yosemite 10.10.3
If you are interested to getting an iOS app developed, then having XCode/Cocoa Touch is to be expected. You might want to ask if the developers have other apps that are already in the App Store that they can point you to or something else to show that they've created apps all the way through..

If you want to eventually go cross-platform to Android/WIndows/whatever else you might want to ask about their experience with the other platforms and cross-platform toolsets that make that transition easier. It's good for you to figure out if this is in the cards for you since the native languages for these OS' all differ and you'll likely want to go the cross-platform route from the get go as opposed to having to port an existing app to a new platform..

Thanks a lot for the advise! I'll add it to my list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.