website builder

Reaction score
I'm looking for some good advice on which website software I should be looking at. I designed an ok website for my small company using iWeb on my iMac, but now need to have a complete e-commerce site. I don't mind spending some money as long as I will have good support and ease of editing. I don't mind learning some HTML but would prefer as much WYSIWYG interface as possible. I am currently hosting with Go-Daddy so would prefer software that works well with that. The options are a little daunting. I purchased quickbooks for Mac a while back only to find out that it was missing some critical features that the PC version has, so don't want to repeat that experience. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
If by e-commerce, you mean that you would be selling on the website, I recommend that you look at existing shopping cart type web application software. I've used OpenCart in the past with reasonable success. Even though I'd have to give a thumbs-down to GoDaddy hosting, you may be able to run an open-source shopping cart with little problem.

OP
J
Reaction score
I will be stetting up a shopping cart, secure checkout etc. I am also set up with PayPal and have a full merchant account with them. Ideally, I would like some software that is relatively easy and intuitive like iWeb , but has the power and functionality to set up the online shopping and shopping cart, as well as grow with my business. I am leaning towards the full adobe suite, dreamweaver, photoshop etc. Probably more power than I need right now, but I shouldn't outgrow it.

Reaction score
Well, like I said, you should really take a look the dynamic web applications that are available. You can use some of those tools that you mentioned to give your e-commerce site the look that you want for it, but you should really start with a package that already has all the sophisticated programming that would otherwise take a LOT of effort to accomplish.

Run the demos at OpenCart and AbanteCart. You can install them in directories on your web space and try them out. When you choose which one to go with based on functionality, find a visual theme for it that you like, then make it your own using the tools that you mentioned.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.