Macbook Pro Overheating?

Reaction score
I have a late 2011 MacBook Pro 13 laptop, and I am currently running dual boot with Windows 7 so I can run Auto Desk for school. Some nights I log into and play Warframe on the Windows side and when I first started playing the game a while back as soon as I would launch I would hear the fan wind up. Lately I have noticed its very quiet and it doesn't seem to be running as well as it used to. I have been watching the core temps and I am around 75-82C when I play. I took the back cover off and cleaned it ot and checked to make sure the fan still works and it does. My question is, is the fan on its way out and is the temp that its running at going to damage my CPU?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My question is, is the fan on its way out and is the temp that its running at going to damage my CPU?

Your temps are fine...nothing unusual. As far as the fan...who knows...like most things...hard to predict.

If the fan was doing the opposite (being extra noisy)...same thing...it would be hard to predict if it was on it's way out (and when). If you feel that it's on it's way out...replace it.:) Then you will know that the fan isn't on it's way out.;)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.