Macbook Pro Screen Problems

Reaction score
I am having weird issues with my macbook screen and wondering if anyone could help me...

It started happening about 4 weeks ago and didnt do it again until last week, and then yesterday and again today. The screen goes all fuzzy and looses its colour it still responds but it is very hard to see certain parts of the screen but it clears after I restart the machine. I have attached a picture of before and after, can anyone help me with what this is and how to fix it?

Thanks

Before

After

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-2004 15"MacBook Pro-'08, 17" MBP-'09
MBP screen

I had a similar problem.on a 2009 Pro, and the Genius Bar ran a check and advised me that I needed a new video card. Unfortunately, the card is soldered to the logic board, and the cost to have Apple repair/replace exceeded to cost for the MBP9Used). However, I found a tech that would somehow re-heat the video card base so the solder wo (possibly) make a good connection. He would only Charge $75.00. Haven't tried it, as the video behaves! But, at least I have a go to if it happens:Mischievous again.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am having weird issues with my macbook screen and wondering if anyone could help me...

What happens if you attach an external display…how do things look there?

A 2nd thought. Since you said things can clear up after restarting (you didn't say for how long they stayed cleared up). If you are VERY lucky…maybe the problem is just the video cable.

- Nick

OP
M
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for your replies, I had the mac new In August 2009, The Logic Boards failed on me in 2012 and i Paid £450 for apple to replace the logic board this came with 6 month warranty. So I am hoping its not another logic board fail!

Pigoo3 - I havent tried to connect it to an external display yet but I will try that, after a reboot it can be ok for a hour or so and then happen again, infact its started to do it a lot the last few days, if the problem is video cable is this cheap to replace? thanks

OP
M
Reaction score
ok, I havent been able to connect it up to an ex display yet. But I have discovered that it clears with just simply closing the laptop screen and popping it open again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.