Netgear WGR614

Reaction score
Bought this yesterday after having my Linksys WRT54G v3.0 (linux software, hacked and tried everything) kept dropping wireless signal X amount of times in a given day. So far it's rock steady, but we'll see. I also have the latest firmware. The router looks aesthetically pleasing, to say the least. It's mac-esque.

By the way, I've had 4 crappy linksys products.

a hub, the BEFSW1154, an 802.11b access point, and WRT54G. I think I'm done with these clowns.

OP
T
Reaction score
oh and by the way, i would really like to have an airport extreme, but it's a bit pricey and i'm cheap/broke at the moment. so this thing had a pricetag of 40 bucks, i had to snatch it up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I hope it works out well for you, I have had some netgear items in my past that have not worked to well, although I know alot of people who have no problems with the, I eventually got the airport extreme and does not give me a problem. Althoguh I do think that netgear is better the linksys.

OP
T
Reaction score
got a WRT54G v5. my other WRT54G is a brick. and i returned WGR614, some slow connections.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.