Refurb iMac G5 for cheap at Apple.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
I was poking around Apple's refurb section, looking up a basic college computer for a family member, and spotted a 20" iMac G5 for $1,299:

20" iMac G5
2.1ghz processor
512mb ram
250gb SATA hard drive
128mb x1600
Front Row with Apple Remote
iSight built-in
Bluetooth and Airport

Holy cow! Considering Apple sells their 20" LCD alone for $800, that's a pretty awesome price. Amazon has the same one for $1,499 with a $150 rebate, bringing it down to $1,350. So for $50 more, you can get a non-refurb model. That's a pretty awesome deal, almost makes me reconsider getting the Core Duo for my wife lol. If you have any friends for family graduating from high school and going into college, this would be a pretty sweet deal for them. Just thought I'd pass it along :)

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
xbrian87 said:
Thank you, sir!

I'dve picked that up 2 weeks ago, before I got my Duo :p

Yeah, we're pretty happy with our Duo too. However, my sister-in-law is graduating high school in a month or two and we're thinking about getting her a nice little Mac. The prices are low enough that we might as well get a 20" instead of a 17" - Apple's refurbs for the 2ghz 20" are only $100 more ($1,250). If everybody pitches in then the price isn't too bad ;)

X

xbrian87

Oomph nevermind. Savetyler mustve been taken down.

This guy found a hamster in his barn and gave the public 6 months to give him $10,000 via PayPal before he was to eat Tyler. People tried taking him down, but eating an animal you capture is perfectly legal (lol!). He actually DID get the money and wound up letting little Tyler live out the rest of his days.

OP
K
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 Cube
xbrian87 said:
Oomph nevermind. Savetyler mustve been taken down.

This guy found a hamster in his barn and gave the public 6 months to give him $10,000 via PayPal before he was to eat Tyler. People tried taking him down, but eating an animal you capture is perfectly legal (lol!). He actually DID get the money and wound up letting little Tyler live out the rest of his days.

rofl! nah, it'd just be among family, so they could just send cash in a security envelope to me :) :) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Yeah, i think that's a pretty good deal, but go for the core duo. It'll give you more power than the G5 processor. Compared next to each other, the Core Duo ran twice as fast as most apps (only non-native apps lag on the Intel Mac) and start up was a third of the time- 20 seconds vs. 72 seconds boot time.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.