imac problem

Reaction score
i went to start up my imac today and when i did i had a gray screen come one with a folder with a flashing question mark. i restarted computer while holding the option button now i have a blue screen with 2 arrows on screen. What is wrong with computer. Is all the stuff on my harddrive gone. i dont care if i cant get computer working again i just have alot of pictures on there that i really need to get off computer

THANKS FOR ALL HELP AND AND ADVISE THAT IS GIVING

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
i went to start up my imac today and when i did i had a gray screen come one with a folder with a flashing question mark. i restarted computer while holding the option button now i have a blue screen with 2 arrows on screen. What is wrong with computer. Is all the stuff on my harddrive gone. i dont care if i cant get computer working again i just have alot of pictures on there that i really need to get off computer

Hello Joe and welcome to the forum, but you've made a terrible first post - please review How to Write a Quality Post - :)

We cannot provide much help w/o knowing the specifics of your situation: 1) What Apple computer are you using (type/model/year); 2) What OS X is installed; 3) Have you had this problem before; 4) Holding the 'option' key, what else did you press; 4) What have you done to solve this problem; and 5) Do you have a backup (e.g. Time Machine) - an answer to these questions will be quite helpful - Dave

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OS X.7, X.8 or X.9 use Command R to enter recovery and run Repair Disk. Hard Drive may have failed.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.