saving music then upgrading

Reaction score
how do I save all my itune I cant afford to lose them34g then once they safe on some external place.how do I go about upgrading from 10.5.8 to snow leopard 10.6.3.i only have music and 5 documents plus pictures on the laptop I got no clue how to do anything on mac it was givin to me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
how do I save all my itune I cant afford to lose them34g then once they safe on some external place.how do I go about upgrading from 10.5.8 to snow leopard 10.6.3.i only have music and 5 documents plus pictures on the laptop I got no clue how to do anything on mac it was givin to me

Hi Kerry Joe - welcome to the forum! :) First, you really need to learn how to write a 'quality post', especially as your initial introduction to the forum - pleased review Writing a Quality Post.

Second, in view of the above link, please provide more information: 1) What Mac laptop do you own (model/year); 2) Your OS X is stated which is good; 2) How long have you owned this computer and how have you tried to learn about it & the OS; 3) Do you have a current 'backup' strategy; if so, what (e.g. Time Machine); and 4) What have you tried?

Backup can be done to external hard drives or solid state storage devices (such as USB drives) or done online (e.g. I use Carbonite - google if interested, for secondary backup of my wife's important files on our iMac); your personal information can be found in specific folders in Finder, e.g. Music, Pictures, & Documents - you could simply plug in a USB thumb drive (w/ sufficient capacity) and drag those folders to the mounted drive. Let me stop there so you can respond - Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.