Moving Friend's iPod Library to My Computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" macbook pro core 2 duo, 2.16ghz, 2gb ram, 160gb hdd. iPod nano 8gb. iPod Photo 20gb.
Hi all,

I just wanted to know what I'd have to do for my friend to be able to plug her iPod into my computer, and transfer all her songs to my computer?

Obviously I don't want my PC to recognise the iPod immediately and erase it, and update it with my library. So how do I stop my PC from recognising the iPod, so that I can transfer all the songs off it?

Also, I understand I need some sort of software to do this as well, what should I use to do it?

Thanks very much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
If you plug in a ipod that has never been plugged in before it will not automaticly start to sync it. It will ask you if you want to sync it. Simply click no. Then the software you will need to use is podUtil.. remember you are only licensed to put the songs on 5 computers so if she already has her music on 5 computers then putting it on your computer aswelll would be illegal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
goto www.macworld.com, and look at last months issue. it has a Free File Backup/xfer software link for Macs. I downloaded it. looks identical to the iTunes setup. but a great way to back up and transfer files to and from your ipod to MACS. wont work for PC's. Ill post the link tonite, i cant find it online

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.