2 iPhones

Reaction score
I've had an iPhone for a few years now. I also have a iMac, Macbook Air and iPad so I have a lot of these things synced together.

My wife just recently got one through her work. Her work set up her phone with some basic work related things. So I have a few questions.

1. When I plug her iPhone into my computer/iTunes it asks me if I want to setup as a new iPhone or restore from backup. I don't want to do the latter so if I "setup as new" will that erase some of the work related things she already has on her phone?

2. If she has a separate iTunes account(again work related) will I be able to put any of the songs I have in iTunes on her account(most if not all were downloaded using my account)

3. As I have multiple devices I have all my reminders in the cloud. IS there some way to her phone just to share specific reminder list? (for example we can have a "home" related list but my work reminders which are in the cloud, she won't get on her phone?

Guess thats it for now. Any help would be great!
Thanks

C

chas_m

1. Yes. Her iPhone is synced to whatever work computer set it up. If you sync it your Mac, you will erase whatever is currently on there and replace it with your stuff. Not very clear on why you want to do this. I would imagine her work will be a little bit less than pleased by these actions.

2. Assuming that ANY of this is okay with her workplace, you can use "Family Sharing" to do this properly. No need for you to reformat her iPhone to accomplish this, but again -- is her work okay with you doing this? Probably not, I'm guessing.

3. How to share reminders in OS X - CNET!

OP
J
Reaction score
Hey Thanks for the updates. My intentions would only be the most basic, I'm obviously not interested in doing anything to harm her work related phone. It's in part why I ask the questions.

Her work has generally responded that she can do as she sees fit as long as she realizes its part of public domain and it is not abused.

So for example.

1. I guess this is a bit opinion based but is adding music considered harmful. It seems like music, especially the legally downloaded kind is its own separate entity. The purpose would be for her just to avoid carrying a second device as she travels for work.

2. What about photos? As its public domain I don't know that we would put personal photos on there, but if my wife at a retirement party or again travel for work and happens to snap a few photos that she might like to keep on our personal computer as a nice memory is that an option?

I think what I am saying is that as soon as I plug her phone into the home computer it asks me to either restore it from an old backup or setup as a new iPhone. Neither seems to be what I wanna do, but I feel like the two things I listed above are relatively harmless I'm just not sure how to go about doing it, without reconfiguring her phone?

Any help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.