Creating an ebook for Kindle on an iBook or iPad

Reaction score
I am a writer for children's books. I have the paper books down but I can't get the ebooks created. I need to know if there is a program that I can use with my iBook G4 10.5.8 or my iPad2 to create documents that will be accepted by Kindle as an ebook. I use Text Edit on my iBook and Pages on my iPad. Thanks for any help.

Reaction score
Kindle

Are you trying to create a reflowable eBook on Kindle or a fixed-layout (like a children's books with lots of graphics or a comic or graphic novel)?

The coding and prep work for these are entirely different. If you are doing a fixed-layout book then you can use Kindle's Kid's book Creator or the app for creating comics.

If you are doing a reflowable eBook such as a novel, then you would create the eBook in Pages (export to EPUB) and then use Kindle Previewer to convert it to a MOBI which is the only format that Amazon excepts. Depending on which version of Pages you are using, you might have to edit the code for it to convert properly to Kindle.

Last edited:
Reaction score
ebook / mobi. from Pages... Not so fast.

It works, yes, but have a **** of a time inserting end of page markers. The conversion seems totally unpredicatbel - sometimes it works - simetimes it doesn't. haven't figured out either how to make decent looking table of contents. If only InDesign (Mac OSX 10.068) could export for Kindle ebooks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.