How to restore Mac Book Pro to factory

Reaction score
Have a MacBook Pro and wanted to know what is the key sequence to do a factory restore

M

MacInWin

What MBP? What OSX? Read the link in my sig and help us by giving more data.

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
I dont have that information right this second because the machine is not here yet but wanted to know is there a difference if it is an older MacBook Pro vs a newer model?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I dont have that information right this second because the machine is not here yet but wanted to know is there a difference if it is an older MacBook Pro vs a newer model?

When we know the exact model…we can provide exact answers. Otherwise we may just waste time providing the wrong set of instructions.:)

- Nick

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
Ok fair enough it should be delivery either later on today or tomorrow because it has to be wiped...or restored

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Ok fair enough it should be delivery either later on today or tomorrow because it has to be wiped...or restored

Good deal. Post back with the exact model..and we can suggest what to do.

But (if I'm understanding correctly)…if the computer has already been wiped/restored before shipping…why do you need/want to do it again?

- Nick

OP
nexusxox
Reaction score
just to bring it back to factory restore because it was used by someone else and it needs to be clean of files etc so basically back to factory but i dont want to bring it back to it asking for serial codes just to start fresh again

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.