Remove Time Machine Scheduler

Reaction score
I would like to completely remove Time Machine Scheduler, but cannot find it other than in System Preferences? How can I locate the app and remove it, (rather than simply uninstalling it)?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Why do you want to remove it? Is it because you do not want to use Time Machine? If so…why not just turn Time Machine off??:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
I'm assuming that the OP doesn't want to remove Time Machine, but does want to delete TimeMachineScheduler.

TimeMachineScheduler for Mac | MacUpdate

And it seems it includes an uninstaller according to the developer's page:

"In version 3 the application is turned into a Preference Pane. A simple installer is added to update older versions, install the Preference Pane or completely remove all components of TimeMachineScheduler. "

TimeMachineScheduler - set the backup interval of Time Machine

Bold and italics mine. So it should be fairly simple to do. ;)

Reaction score
Im kinda curious as to "why" tho.

Turning it off isnt what the OP wants to do I assume. So why remove it?

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks all for the replies. I've uninstalled Time Machine Scheduler successfully. That's not my issue. Prior to switching to a Mac in May I was a reasonably powerful PC user with Windows XP and was able to easily edit the registry to accomplish what couldn't be done via the operating system. So I'm looking to learn the same at the level with OS X Mavericks. Windows leaves too many files behind when an application is removed. This will ultimately cause performance issues down the road. I'm looking to avoid this with OS X. I do not want to remove Time Machine, just TMS. BTW... I used the uninstaller which worked but did not remove TMS from the Preferences Pane The is why I posted the problem. I'm thinking that there must be a way to alter the Preferences Pane via a sudo command in the Terminal Mode and am looking for help in this area.

Thanks for looking Further thoughts will be appreciated.

Reaction score
Right-click on the preference pane and select Remove.

Reaction score
Is TMS a separate program?

Im still confused as to why you'd remove part of TM (unless it's a separate program) instead of just disabling it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
May I offer a suggestion to seek and destroy any files or folders you have installed and want to delete:

Find Any File
Thomas Tempelmann - Find Any File
https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/30079/find-any-file
and
EasyFind
Freeware applications and services for Mac - DEVONtechnologies
EasyFind for Mac | MacUpdate

Both will allow you to find and delete pretty well anything, and Spotlight (aka: Stoplight as I call it) won't even let you find many such files/folders normally depending where they got installed.

All you have to do is figure out what part or name of the stuff you want to search for. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is TMS a separate program?

Im still confused as to why you'd remove part of TM (unless it's a separate program) instead of just disabling it.

Yup.

The web is a wonderful place one can search: ;)

https://www.google.ca/search?client...&oe=UTF-8&gfe_rd=cr&ei=5kkoVJPVBMGtmAKO3YCwBA

TimeMachineScheduler - set the backup interval of Time Machine
TimeMachineScheduler for Mac | MacUpdate

And just for the OP's benefit, I must mention CCC and SD for backup, both of which can have various schedules, and one can end up with a bootable clone.

CCC = Carbon Copy Cloner
SD = SuperDuper!

Personally I prefer CCC and have used it for years.

M

MacInWin

Windows used the Registry, which only grows, never shrinks, slowly slowing down the system. OSX does not, so any debris from an application doesn't Impact performance in any way. All that occurs is a little drive space is consumed, at most a few K. So you need to shift your thinking away from the old way, and embrace your new freedom!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Windows used the Registry, which only grows, never shrinks, slowly slowing down the system. OSX does not, so any debris from an application doesn't Impact performance in any way. All that occurs is a little drive space is consumed, at most a few K. So you need to shift your thinking away from the old way, and embrace your new freedom!

Not to forget that those small files and stuff can keep increasing and often into the thousands for those that like to install and uninstall a bunch of stuff, and the OS X still looks after and maintains all the installed bits and pieces which can take a toll if it gets out of hand.

And often the reason that some just do a clean install to finally get get rid of it all. ;)

M

MacInWin

Not to forget that those small files and stuff can keep increasing and often into the thousands for those that like to install and uninstall a bunch of stuff, and the OS X still looks after and maintains all the installed bits and pieces which can take a toll if it gets out of hand.

And often the reason that some just do a clean install to finally get get rid of it all. ;)
Well, if each leaves behind, let's say, 2K of debris, and if you installed and uninstalled 500 programs, that would still total only 1M of storage. Since the OS doesn't have to DO anything with a file on the drive, in operation the impact is effectively zero.

What CAN impact performance is the buildup of cache and log files, for which running Onyx once or twice a year is the perfect solution.

Bottom line, I haven't "cleaned" my HD on my Macs, ever. I do run Onyx about twice a year. OSX isn't Windows where you have to spend a lot of time just in maintenance of the OS itself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.