How to create "original Install discs" for OSX 10.9.5

Reaction score
When Tygrz asked about anyone running 10.10 beta, harryb2448 responded and advised to "hang to (above) like grim death".

Since all installations from Lion onwards (I think) were by online download only, it suggests there may be a way to create such discs or a bootable USB thumb drive.

If so, what disc media is involved (blank CDs or DVDs) and if a USB flash drive is to used, how can I format it be formatted for use on a Mac (as most more affordable USB flash drives come formatted for Windows.

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

Sincerely, PaulRanger1.

Reaction score
the way i prefer is the base system way its a little more complex but this way you don't need the os installer to be connected to the internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Why be connected to the 'net?

Download, leave network, go to Applications and use the Installer.

Reaction score
because if there is a update or if there is verification during installation which is what mountain lion and lion and maverick do you won't be able to install because it will ask you for your app store account to verify you purchased it

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.