need advice on safari password saving problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch IMac i7 3ghz and own a mac book pro. Both are customized from factory.
I'm running mavericks 10.9.5 on my 27 inch iMac
using safari 7.1

Hello,

ever since updating to 10.9.5 w/safari 7.1 several days ago,I've noticed a new problem in which some sites (Example: POF (plenty of fish dating site) just won't remember my password.

I've researched this issue and have tried a few things,but my problem still lingers.

Does anybody have some easy to understand suggestions?

thanks, Mike

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The passwords are still being remembered, it's just that now you have to click on the presentation box before it asks and presents the correct password for the site. It's a bit of an annoyance because it requires an extra step. If you use a password manager such as 1Password you can avoid that.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 inch IMac i7 3ghz and own a mac book pro. Both are customized from factory.
Hi-

If I'm understanding you correctly: I am clicking in the password box,if that's what you mean.

It doesn't ask and present the password.

I don't use that password manager because I have different passwords for different sites.

Can you elaborate or present any other suggestions?

thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you go to a site (ours for example) and it asks for your username and password, just click on username and it should bring up your name and then automatically enter your password as remembered by Safari. As I stated above, a password manager is best to use since it can also create passwords as well as remember them for all your sites.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.