Syncing iMessages across all devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air - Mid 2011 - 1.6 GHz Intel Core i5 - 2 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 - OSX 10.8
Hello everybody,

I am trying to sync all my iMessages across all my devices, Mac air (Mid-2011), ipad 4th gen, and iphone 5.

I was able to send an iMessage through one device and it will appear on all my devices (that is good, that is what I was trying to do) but when I delete one iMessage on one device it does not delete the iMessage on the other two devices. Is this function available? Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Mac (OSX 10.9.3) iOS devices (iOS 8.0.2)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I was able to send an iMessage through one device and it will appear on all my devices (that is good, that is what I was trying to do) but when I delete one iMessage on one device it does not delete the iMessage on the other two devices. Is this function available?

Same here. I don't believe that will be available until Yosemite is released. I have had to manually delete the iMessages I sent from my iPhone that were synced to my Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15", 2.6, i7, 8G Ram, OS X 10.10, iPhone 6 Plus
As of this writing, with Yosemite installed, I still cannot get iMessage to sync between my 2012 MBP Retina and my iPhone 6.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I don't think this is a feature of iMessage. It would appear that the service pushes messages to all the devices but doesn't work the other way (clients pushing back changes).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.