Possible to Sync FireFox BookMarks w/Safari?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" 2.0GHz Intel Core Duo iMac, 1.5 GHZ PPC Mac Mini, MacBook MB403LL/A
I'm liking my .Mac membership, but I prefer using Firefox (or even Opera) rather than Safari as my web browser. The Safari bookmarks can sync with .Mac, but I find that as I add new bookmarks to Firefox, I also have to remember to add them to Safari to keep my online bookmarks up to date. Is there any utility that will keep Safari's bookmarks in sync with Firefox's? Thanks!

Mark

M

MJGUK

Well unfortunately as far as I am aware, iSync (with .Mac) is indeed limited to Safari.

So for all my other syncing needs I've just started using a program called Chronosync and so far I am loving it.
Really great App, you can sync literally anything with it, including between computers over networks.

It also works really well as a backup utility too!

Good luck, hope this helps you!

OP
geekboy2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks very much. That looks like good app, but it provides a lot more than I really need. It turns out, I did find a FireFox extension that will keep bookmarks in sync to/from a remote folder (including on the iDrive), but it doesn't actually update/work with the tightly integrated Safari bookmark sync'ing. That's why I was thinking along the lines of just somehow sync'ing Firefox/Safari bookmarks. I'm really surprised that there isn't a bookmark/browser monitor app that would keep bookmarks synchronized between any number of browser. Such a thing would be great in the Windows world too, where on my XP machines, I also run multiple browsers. Anyway, thanks again.

Mark

Reaction score
Have a look at this. It seems like it will do what you want, it costs $12, however there may be a free solution to your problem I'm not sure.

OP
geekboy2000
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
zeta101 said:
Have a look at this. It seems like it will do what you want, it costs $12, however there may be a free solution to your problem I'm not sure.

Perfect solution. Many thanks!

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.