importing images

Reaction score
Could you please re-word your question, providing more detail? By "pictures" do you mean the Pictures folder in your Home folder (which may also be represented in the left panel of a finder window)? And what method are you using to "import" images?

C

chas_m

Unless you have tinkered with iPhoto's default saving preferences, all photos dragged into iPhoto's main window or to the iPhoto icon on the dock are copied into iPhoto's internal "vault."

Reaction score
Which is in Pictures folder anyway. (or at least it used to be)

IWT

Reaction score
Born Scotland. Worked all over UK. Live in Wales
Your Mac's Specs
M2 Max Studio Extra, 32GB memory, 4TB, Sonoma 14.4.1 Apple 5K Retina Studio Monitor
Hi and welcome to the Forums.

You don't mention the source of your photos (camera or from a card or from within the Mac itself).

If camera, for example, attach it via USB, then open iPhoto, click on File and, from drop down menu, choose Import to Library. That is where they will go.

If your source is from within the Mac, eg, Downloads, open iPhoto, File, Import, and navigate to Downloads or wherever and select it. Again, the photos will go into iPhoto.

If you regularly use a camera or iPhone or similar and want iPhoto to open automatically when that device is attached—then attach the device and Go to Applications and Choose and open "Image Capture". When opened, Image Capture will list the device and offer you a choice of what you want to happen when that device is connected subsequently. One of the options is "Open iPhoto".

Hope this helps.

Ian

OP
T
Reaction score
Importing images

Thanks Ian,
I have used all of the sources mentioned in your post. I really appreciate your help. I am a recent user of the I-Mac and still working out the differences between the PC and Apple.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.