How much are the parts of a mid-2010 Macbook Pro worth?

Reaction score
My 13" Macbook Pro (mid-2010) recently gave out and I've replaced it with a new Macbook Air. I posted my charger for sale (doesn't fit the new Air) and was contacted by someone who also wanted to buy the broken Macbook for parts (he said he repairs computers and would use them for that).

The logic board is gone, as well as the battery, and I removed the hard drive to keep (there are a lot of files from my job that I wouldn't want to risk anyone gaining access to).

I'm wondering what a fair price would be for the Macbook? I've tried searching for the answer and have gotten everything from $150-300 (ebay, GadgetValue, and other similar sites), and a few have said even more. The two repair guys I spoke with at the store said I should get at least $200-250.

Some general guidance would be great!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What's left? Hardly anything so $150 would be good going.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Just post it on eBay...with an accurate description of what works & what is broken...and see where things go. The eBay "economy" will decide.:)

Some folks sell the working parts individually. This can earn you more cash in the long run...but generally takes much longer to get rid of everything.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.