A Little Help with Mail...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 X 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon 2GB RAM Mac OS X 10.5
Greetings, all.

Something's not right with my mail. The FROM: and TO: lines are misaligned. This has been like this since I upgraded to Tiger, and though it's bearable, if there's any way to fix it, I'd like to fix it. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance :black:

Mail-screen.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I have to say that my first thought on this is that your mail app is corrupt, but first we'll cover the basics. have you recently installed any new software? when was the last time you repaired permissions or ran some other type of maintenance?
try deleting the preferences, they are here:
mac hd> users> your username> library> preferences> delete file:com.apple.mail.plist
if this does not fix your problem, please post a reply and we can move on to other steps. :)

OP
shetz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dang.

Macman said:
I have to say that my first thought on this is that your mail app is corrupt, but first we'll cover the basics. have you recently installed any new software? when was the last time you repaired permissions or ran some other type of maintenance?
try deleting the preferences, they are here:
mac hd> users> your username> library> preferences> delete file:com.apple.mail.plist
if this does not fix your problem, please post a reply and we can move on to other steps. :)

I tried repairing permissions before I posted this new thread, and I've just tried your advice about deleting the prefs, still no go. I eagerly await further instructions... ^_^

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
the next step is to reinstall mail, only mail, use the app Pacifist to extract the mail app package from your os install disc, after opening the package ,repalce mail in the applications folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram
I'm having similar problems with the Mail app and have posted a couple of piccies here http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31472. I've also tried what is mentioned above with no success. Hopefully someone can come up with a solution that will help us both.

PS.... Shetz, I hope you don't mind me adding the link to my post, I'll remove it if you do.

OP
shetz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'course I don't mind, Dalton29. mi thread e su thread (but, if you find an answer to out little dilemma, please please share the solution with me :D) Incidentally, @ Macman, I've tried reinstalling Mail, to no avail...

Well, like I've said in my first post, it's actually a (bearable) inconvenience that I can, and have (more or less) learned to live with. If nothing else, at least I've discovered Pacifist, which is a truly amazing piece of software. ^_^ Thanks for that, Macman!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram
Hi Shetz, I've managed to sort my problem. It was a corrupt font in the end. I started by 'Validating' the fonts in Fontbook which picked up a couple that had problems. First I turned them off which fixed the problem so I went back and deleted them, then reinstalled the problem fonts.

Hope this helps if you haven't fixed yours already.

Tim.

OP
shetz
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Omg!

Dalton29 said:
Hi Shetz, I've managed to sort my problem. It was a corrupt font in the end. I started by 'Validating' the fonts in Fontbook which picked up a couple that had problems. First I turned them off which fixed the problem so I went back and deleted them, then reinstalled the problem fonts.

Hope this helps if you haven't fixed yours already.

Tim.

Hey! Thanks for the heads-up Tim! I was able to fix my Mail too, thanks to your new info! Turns out that I'm missing the font that I use for Mail (I'd overloaded on fonts after I'd re-formatted, and must have deleted the one I used when I cleaned up my fonts folder). My Mail's all good now. I'd gotten so used to the crappy view, that I'm having trouble adjusting to the fixed view, lmao!

Many thanks! I'm glad you posted on this thread, and I'm doubly glad you gave me this update, hehe.

peayce.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Dual 2Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram
No probs, glad it worked for you too.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.