iPhone stuck in recovery mode

Reaction score
I recently moved over seas and brought my iPhone from Verizon in the states. I had my phone unlocked to start a prepaid account. Friends of mine have done this successfully. However, my phone would not activate under the new number. In the mean time I took the phone to a local shop to have the screen replaced. It was shattered. However, when I got my phone back, it was stuck in recovery mode. I connected the phone to iTunes on my hp laptop to restore it. Every time I did this, a message would pop up saying could not restore, an unknown error occurred, occasionally getting the error code 3014. I followed the link of the pop up to the troubleshooting page and followed all directions. None of this worked, so I proceeded to read forums regarding recboot and other separate programs. No success. Any advice?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I recently moved over seas and brought my iPhone from Verizon in the states.

Do you mean "brought from Verizon" or "bought from Verizon"?

In the mean time I took the phone to a local shop to have the screen replaced. It was shattered. However, when I got my phone back, it was stuck in recovery mode.

Are you saying the iPhone wasn't in Recovery Mode BEFORE the display repair...and it was in Recovery Mode AFTER the repair? If so...did you ask the repair shop what the heck happened?

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thread moved. Not an OS X topic (iPhones run the iOS).:)

Thanks,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.