iPhone 6 Plus - Ordered on a different phone number

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
'09 8-core MacPro | '12 MBA | iPad 2 16GB | iPhone 5C 16GB
So I had to use my mom's upgrade to get my hands on the new iPhone, she's not an early adopter like me so she was fine taking my 5C. My 6 Plus won't be here until early/mid-October because of all the online ordering snags in the first few hours.

Anyway, will there be any significant issues switching phones once the new one arrives? Is it just a matter of swapping nano-sims or do I need to log in to my Verizon account and switch the devices on there as well?

Should I activate the iPhone 6 on my mom's number first, then swap, or does it not matter?

I haven't gone this route before so I'm kind of unclear on what I should do, and I don't want to brick any of the devices...

Reaction score
Your not going to brick anything.

in the link below you will see how Apple states the sim is not compatible with any other current sims.

when you phone comes in my advice is to take it in and have Verizon switch everything for you. No reason to have your mothers number on there first. Verizon doesn't care which number its on.

Apple - iPhone 6 - Technical Specifications

OP
Sexy Patrol
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Your not going to brick anything.

in the link below you will see how Apple states the sim is not compatible with any other current sims.

when you phone comes in my advice is to take it in and have Verizon switch everything for you. No reason to have your mothers number on there first. Verizon doesn't care which number its on.

Apple - iPhone 6 - Technical Specifications

Cool thanks for the input.

Just a note, I looked at the tech specs link and it in the SIM portion it says "Not compatible with existing micro-sim cards." Since the iPhone 5, 5S and 5C use nano-sims there shouldn't be an issue, right?

dbm

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 2011 i5 2.3/8GB, MBPr 15 2013 with i7/16GB both running El Capitan
Just a note, I looked at the tech specs link and it in the SIM portion it says "Not compatible with existing micro-sim cards." Since the iPhone 5, 5S and 5C use nano-sims there shouldn't be an issue, right?

Correct from a size perspective. The only question might be around if any of the devices are locked to a network; are you and your mum both on Verizon?

OP
Sexy Patrol
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Correct from a size perspective. The only question might be around if any of the devices are locked to a network; are you and your mum both on Verizon?

Yeah, I had to rejoin my folks family plan this past spring to cut down my monthly expenses so we're on the same network and the same plan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.