Not sure where to post this.

Reaction score
Okay, when I turn my iMac on, the brightness is fine, really bright, the way I like it.
Over about 10 minutes later, the brightness suddenly goes down, however my "auto-adjust brightness' is turned off, definitely.

Some details :-
It's bright then goes darker, suddenly, overtime.
Auto Adjust is turned off, brightness is on full.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Okay, when I turn my iMac on, the brightness is fine, really bright, the way I like it.
Over about 10 minutes later, the brightness suddenly goes down, however my "auto-adjust brightness' is turned off, definitely.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :)

Please provide information on your iMac (model/year) & OS X installed. First and if not already done, have you re-booted the computer; if so, any help?

Second, reset the SMC (System Management Controller) which might impact on the brightness adjustment - check HERE for further information and directions. Dave

P.S. Regardless of not being sure about which forum to use, your title should have been descriptive of your problem & issues - uninformative titles may be ignored - just saying.

Last edited:

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Since the computer you're discussing is an iMac (a desktop computer)…the thread belongs best in the "Apple Desktop" sub-forum. Thread moved.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.