Bootcamp - USB Disk not working

Reaction score
Okay, so where am I going wrong here? Check out attached picture. Note that the Windows 7 .ISO is in the USB Folder (named WININSTALL) I'm unsure why I can't continue. I had followed Bootcamp's instructions and checked all three boxes to make sure I had the Windows Update and Windows 7 Install created onto my USB, then this message pops up (reference picture of Bootcamp)

2epimbk.png

Reaction score
did you make the usb stick bootable???

this is why i recommend using a dvd r or a dvd dl and install windows

OP
G
Reaction score
did you make the usb stick bootable???

this is why i recommend using a dvd r or a dvd dl and install windows

2013 Mac Pro. No CD/DVD Drive. Okay so dumb question, how do I make the USB drive bootable? Didn't know I had to assign it...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Read under creating a USB thumb drive on a Mac OS X Computer, bottom item, and suggest say an 8GB drive:-

https://kb.iu.edu/d/bciz

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
2013 Mac Pro. No CD/DVD Drive. Okay so dumb question, how do I make the USB drive bootable? Didn't know I had to assign it...?

You need to place the Windows 7 iso (which should be bootable if you correctly created it) on the USB flash drive. Since you have no optical drive, the flash drive method will work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.