Macbook air abroad

Reaction score
1) what is the best way to access internet while in spain? It has been suggested that i buy a dongle locally. Would that suffice?
2) Do i need an adaptor of some sort?

All advice much appreciated!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
1) what is the best way to access internet while in spain? It has been suggested that i buy a dongle locally. Would that suffice?
2) Do i need an adaptor of some sort?

Well, where are you planning to go in Spain? Will Wi-Fi be available, e.g. in your hotel(s) and/or Wi-Fi hotspots? That would be your least expensive option but might not be possible there depending on travel plans?

The next choice would be to use a cellular plan, e.g. if you are bringing a phone, does you service offer setting up the device as a 'Wi-Fi hotspot'? Of course, depending on how much you use the internet, the expense could be exorbitant!

Another consideration would be MiFi - these are basically small wireless routers that setup a personal Wi-Fi network - plans are numerous in the USA and variable in price (pay 'as you go' might be a choice)? Not sure what is available in Spain?

Well just a few thoughts - good luck and hopefully others will provide more solutions - Dave

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.