Just got a brand new Macbook Air

Reaction score
I've owned a 2011 Macbook Air for 3 yrs. Yesterday I gave it to my husband and bought a new Macbook Air for me (his 2009 Macbook Pro had a dead HD and I always get the new ones!) Anyway, I used my backup to put all my "stuff" on the new MBA. It worked great and I now have a clone of my old one.....but, I've realized I don't have the additional apps (like Numbers and Keynote etc). How do I get those? I know they must be in here somewhere?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
11" MacBook Air / Unibody MacBook / iMac i3 21.5" / iPhone SE
Hi,

You just need to log into the App Store and click on Purchases to reinstall everything you need.

Hope this helps,

Cheers :)

Hugh

OP
G
Reaction score
Hi,

You just need to log into the App Store and click on Purchases to reinstall everything you need.

Hope this helps,

Cheers :)

Hugh

I'm not sure you understood my problem. This new Macbook Air is supposed to have Numbers, Keynote, and several other apps included (my old 2011 MBA did not come with those and I never bought them) . But since I transferred my old MBA's contents using my external back up, I now have a clone of that old MBA and do not have the apps that were supposed to be automatically included with this new MBA. Going to the App Store does no good because I never purchased them and would cost me money to download them when they should already be here on this new one. I just need to know how to get them downloaded and into my dock.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's not correct. Since you purchased a new MacBook Air you're eligible for a free download from the App Store of Pages, Numbers, and Keynote. Go to software update and click on updates. You should be offered the free download. I recently purchased a new iMac and that's how it works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I'm not sure you understood my problem. This new Macbook Air is supposed to have Numbers, Keynote, and several other apps included (my old 2011 MBA did not come with those and I never bought them) . But since I transferred my old MBA's contents using my external back up, I now have a clone of that old MBA and do not have the apps that were supposed to be automatically included with this new MBA. Going to the App Store does no good because I never purchased them and would cost me money to download them when they should already be here on this new one. I just need to know how to get them downloaded and into my dock.

Hello Graygirl - when I upgraded my iMac & MBPro from OS 8.x to OS 9.x (i.e. Mavericks), the old 'iWork 09' programs were stored in a folder in my Applications area of Finder (see attached Finder screenshot w/ the blue arrow) - check there is see if that might have occurred? Also, have you used 'Spotlight' to search on the names of the specific iWork apps? Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-09-14 at 11.09.39 AM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.