screen size

Reaction score
cannot get my imac back to full screen tried arrows in top right but that does not do the trick. have ab out 4inches on both sides if active screen

OP
B
Reaction score
my imac is not allowing me to use full screen. the arrows in top right corner does not do the job. everything i view now has a margin of about five inches on each side and limits some of the screen size need to get back to full size screen

M

MacInWin

Have you tried a reboot? Which iMac? What Version OSX? What application is not full screen? Do you mean that you have black bars on the sides of the display, or that the application won't go to full wide? You haven't given us much to go on here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Try this:
Go into System Preferences > Displays
Click on the Detect Displays button

Maybe your resolutions were changed and this will restore the default. Not sure, but worth a try.

OP
B
Reaction score
My iMac is OSX Version 10.7.5
All applications refuse to go full wide with black bars on both sides sometimes impeding information on right.

M

MacInWin

Does the desktop, with no applications running, show the same black bars? Have you tried a reboot? Which iMac? Have your done what toMACash suggested?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.