Short Battery Life

J

JimmyHat

I have inhereted a PowerBook G4, and the battery has an extremely short life.

In my power management, it shows the battery as having about 2 hours of life, but after a few minutes, the computer sleeps automatically, and the LEDs on the bottom of the battery indicate a low charge.

Is there any way to recondition the battery? Or am I stuck using the power supply or purchasing a new battery?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
JimmyHat said:
I have inhereted a PowerBook G4, and the battery has an extremely short life.

In my power management, it shows the battery as having about 2 hours of life, but after a few minutes, the computer sleeps automatically, and the LEDs on the bottom of the battery indicate a low charge.

Is there any way to recondition the battery? Or am I stuck using the power supply or purchasing a new battery?
To Calibrate the battery: 1> charge it to 100%. 2> pull the plug and use it normally until it auto sleeps (turn off energy saver features if you have to). once it recieves a new full charge it should accurately report the time remaining.

This will NOT, however, improve the length of time that it holds a charge. if you want to do that get a new Hi capacity battery from newertech.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.