Help. A1278 White screen

Reaction score
I am really hoping there is someone who can help point me in the right direction. I have 3 13" MacBook Pro's A1278 which now all share this white screen issue. 2 of them are mid 2011 and 1 early 2010. What happened I believe is that the LVDS cables &/or LCD's have at least once been confused and installed on the wrong unit. Although they share the same molex LVDS connection the pinout is not the same and it has damaged something on the logic boards. all three macbooks display perfectly on external monitors, all three backlights work as they should. The problem is the screens simply remain white after they are powered on. I have been soldering for years, I have stereo microscope etc. and can work with any chip style, I just need some direction on what may need to be replaced. I'm no electrical engineer. I welcome any expert advise or ideas. Thanks

I'm willing to compensate anybody who can help me figure this out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.