System Extension cannot be used

Reaction score
I just updated iTunes, and got this message: System Extension cannot be used. /System/library/extensions/AppleUSBEthernethost.kext was installed improperly and cannot be used. Any Help?

Reaction score
same thing happened to me while updating iTunes and BlueTooth Firmware. not sure which generated the error. not sure what to do.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
Same here. I just renamed the offending kext --> ...kext.old and left that folder where it was. I never needed to use the USB-Ethernet adapter on this machine and never will, so no great loss.

Reaction score
I too just downloaded the latest update of iTunes and got the same message please help, thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP17 8GB/1.9TB 2xSSDs Sierra • MBA11 4/128GB • TC 2TB • TV3 • iPh6 128GB • iPadPro12
I too just downloaded the latest update of iTunes and got the same message please help, thank you

The solution, and an explanation, is right above your post :D
And also here

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.