XCode C++ lib project config

Reaction score
Hi All.I have a XCode C++ lib project.How do I change it to be of application type?Is it possible or I have to create a separate Application project?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Welcome to Mac-Forums..

Your question to akin to me asking "I have this widget, how do I change it to a gizmo?"

If you had someone looking over your shoulder or face-to-face, is this the kind of question you would ask them or would you provide context and elaborate more on what it is you are trying to accomplish?

Well, we are neither face-to-face nor looking over your shoulder, so remember that each time you post and provide a LOT more information..

Reaction score
A Library is not or cannot be an Application.
A Library is a collection of Functions / Methods that an Application can use and call to perform certain tasks, or to access certain features of the Library.
A library can be imported into a Application project to be used in this way, but in itself is is not an Application.

If you have designed a Library, and want to use it's functions, then you will have to create an Application that can import and use it, and or create documentation so hat others can use it as well.

Regards Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.