Issues with MS keyboard and intellitype pro

M

Messiah

I just picked up an MS ergo keyboard 4000. I know, I shouldn't get MS :) Problem is, its what I use at work and it helps my wrists due to the shape and layout.

Anyway, it works, but cant get all the specialty keys to work. I installed Intellitype pro 5.3 and it came up with an error when i tryed to access the setup in the system preferances. it says: "Preferences Error: you cannot open ms keyboard preferences pane on this computer....".

I then updated to 5.4 from the web and same thing.

Any ideas? what should I try?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Try using USBOverdriveX instead. That's what Microsoft license anyway, they just rebrand it.

OP
M

Messiah

Aptmunich said:
Try using USBOverdriveX instead. That's what Microsoft license anyway, they just rebrand it.

??? Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't have keyboard settings in my usboverdrive.

I am using it just fine to control my logitec mx1000 mouse, but it doesnt see the keyboard

Any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Ahh, sorry my bad!

I must have mixed that up... That tip related to the mice, not the keyboards...

Sorry, not too sure!

Maybe there's a USBOverdriveX for keyboards somewhere.. have you checked versiontracker.com?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.